Greetings from the linkAges Development Team! Thanks to all who’ve provided feedback on your experience with the linkAges TimeBank website. We heard you and we’ve been hard at work on fixes and new features. As of Thursday, January 23rd, 2014, we’ll be rolling out several updates. If at first the site looks funny, like it’s from the late 90’s, please clear your browser cache and cookies. Here are some of the changes you can expect to see:
- Centralized messaging: We agree, messaging other TimeBank members was confusing and frustrating. It was hard to find the message you were looking for, and tiring for your fingers—so many mouse clicks! Now all messages, whether a personal message or related to a service listing, have been consolidated into a traditional email inbox view. Just click on the “Messages” tab in the navigation bar to view all of your TimeBank messages. From there, you can compose, respond to, and delete messages, as well as navigate to the related service listing directly. You can also search and sort your messages for that quick find!
- Unread notifications: On the “What’s New” page and in the navigation bar, you’ll see notifications of any unread group or individual messages. When you click on a notification, it will take you to the page where you can access the unread message(s).
- Simplified profile: Your profile page is now streamlined! The “My Account” page will now contain just your current offers and requests, your groups, and your hours and activity. You’ll also be able to look back at your past offers and requests. Because we’ve consolidated messaging, you will no longer need to hunt around your “My Account” page—just go straight to the Messages tab.
- Publish and unpublish service listings: When you create your service listing, it is published to other TimeBank members on the “Service Listings” page. Now you can also unpublish a current service listing: just click on “See all my offers” or “See all my requests” from the “My Account” page, and then select “Unpublish this listing.” If you decide you’d like to make that offer or request available again, all you have to do is edit the “Publish” status of the listing.
- Service Listings: You’ve always been able to filter service listings by Category and by City. But now when you view the dropdown options for each, you’ll only see categories and cities that have current service listings associated with them, and it will also show how many services listings there are.
We hope these new features will enhance your TimeBank experience. Look for more features to roll out over the coming months! As always, we welcome your feedback. Thanks for being such an important part of building our community!
– The linkAges TimeBank Development Team